Need something else?
Need another resource? Looking for advice? Please contact Kathy Pittenger.
Introduction to Communion for Grown-Ups
If you want to know more about Communion, you can use these resources to learn more.
What is Communion and Why is it Important?
Use this playlist to learn more about Communion. Still have questions? Ask your Pastor or Children’s Ministry Leader!
In this playlist you will discover:
- What is Communion?
- Activities to learn about Communion
What is Communion?
The Last Supper
Mark 14:12-26 or the story of the Last Supper in your favorite Bible Storybook.
Dear God, thank you for the gift of Communion. When we taste the bread and juice, help us remember how much you love us! And that we can seek forgiveness from you and others for the times when we mess up. Help us to show love and forgiveness to the people around us too. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
- I wonder what it looked like in the room where Jesus and his friends celebrated the Passover.
- I wonder what the room smelled like.
- I wonder what the room sounded like.
- I wonder what the disciples were thinking when Jesus used the bread and wine to talk about himself.
- I wonder how Jesus felt during the meal.
- I wonder what happens next.
Activities about Communion
Make: Bake bread (make it from scratch or use refrigerated or frozen dough)
Taste: Try different kinds of bread (Matzah crackers, pita bread, tortillas, cornbread, etc.)
Build: Use blocks, Lego, or other supplies at home to recreate the Upper Room scene, Communion at your church, or make a bread and cup.