Need something else?
Need another resource? Looking for advice? Please contact Kathy Pittenger.
Want to go deeper in the story of Joseph? The Celebrate Wonder All Ages curriculum includes Bible Stories and activities that you can use with your family to go deeper. This also works very well with the Celebrate Wonder Bible Storybook.
Joseph Saves the Day
How to use this digital faith playlist…
- Read/watch the story of Joseph in Genesis 41
- Wonder about one or more of the questions
- Pray together
- Do one of the activities and/or use the spiritual practice
- Read the story about how Joseph Saves the Day in your favorite Story Bible, or from Genesis 41 or watch the video (if you only want to watch this part of the story, fast forward the video to 2:30).
- Wonder about the story together:
- I wonder what Joseph thought after he interpreted Pharaoh’s dream and was given power in Egypt.
- I wonder how Joseph felt when his boys were born. (Go deeper and read about what the names meant in Gen. 41: 51-52. What does your name mean and does it describe you?)
- I wonder if you have ever been hungry and someone gave you something to eat.
- I wonder if you can think of a time when someone planned ahead for something.
- I wonder if you have ever been given special power or permission.
- I wonder what might happen next.
- Dear God, thank you for the story of Joseph. Thank you for examples in our Bible about how everyday people can make a big difference. Help us to watch and listen to how you are active in our world today. Help us to think about ways to care for others – both big and small ways. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Family Spiritual Practice
This spiritual practices comes from 10 Simple Spiritual Practice Ideas for Children & Youth
Do 1 Thing
Small acts of kindness and compassion help us to share God’s love with others and to live the way Jesus taught us to live. We can help our kids to make a habit of these acts by encouraging them to choose each day or each week one thing to do for a neighbor, a classmate, a friend, a family member, a stranger.