Rev. Alicea Williams for curating this playlist
Need something else?
Need another resource? Looking for advice? Please contact Kathy Pittenger.
The book of Psalms is filled with poetry and songs that express thanks, praise, lament, and a host of emotions. Psalm 100 is a psalm of thanks!
Start by reading the Bible Story or watching one of the videos and going through the wondering questions. Then pick the activities your family would like to do, as many or few as you like. Close your family faith time with prayer – use your own or the one provided.
- Read the Psalm 100 in your favorite Bible or in the Deep Blue Bible Storybook.
- Wonder about the story together:
- I wonder what it means to come into God’s presence.
- I wonder what you are thankful for.
- I wonder what song about God you like to sing.
- I wonder if there is a right way to worship God.
Holy God, I come to you with a joyful spirit. Teach me to praise you and to love you as you have loved me. I am amazed that you created the whole world and all the universe. You are great, O God, and I am thankful to be in your family. (Insert family celebrations and requests here if desired.) Amen.
4. Make an instrument out of materials that you have at home. Use it during worship or have a dance party for God!
5. Write a note of thanks and send it to a friend.
6. Draw a picture of ways that you can praise God. Hang it in a place where you will see it often to remember to praise God all the time!