Solomon Builds the Temple
The Israelites had settled in Jerusalem, now it was time to build a home for God. King David left all the plans to build the temple, he had ordered wood and stone to be delivered. Now it was up to King Solomon, David’s son, to oversee the building of the temple.
Start by reading the Bible Story or watching one of the videos and going through the wondering questions. Then pick the activities your family would like to do, as many or few as you like. Close your family faith time with prayer – use your own or the one provided.
- Read the story about building the temple in your Bible Story Book, in the Deep Blue Bible Storybook, or in 1 Kings 6:1-38; 8:1-66. Wonder about the story together:
- I wonder if you have ever built anything.
- I wonder what it might have looked like to watch the temple be built.
- I wonder what it might have felt like to walk into the temple built with gold and beautiful carvings and decorations.
- Dear God, thank you for being with the Israelites as they built the temple. Thank you for being with us each and every day in all the places we go. Help us to listen to you and follow your directions. (you may wish to add in your own praises or prayer requests here.) In Jesus’ Name, Amen.