Faith-based summer camps are an excellent way to connect with God, other people, and creation. Michigan offers a wide variety of camping experiences for children, youth, and adults of all abilities.
Camp Sunday is a wonderful way to introduce, highlight, and raise support for camping. Invite campers to share a story. Sing camp songs. Take a collection for camp scholarships. Invite a camp director or liaison to preach. There are so many ideas and ways to promote and support camping in your local church.
Camp Promotion Ideas
(Have an idea you want to share? Email it to Kathy Pittenger at email@example.com)
- Create a video with pictures from last years campers
- Set-up a table with camping information that people can take
- Have a Camp Coordinator who can help families with registration, applying for scholarships, etc.
- Michigan Area Camp Promotion
MICHIGAN AREA CAMPS
Learn more about the Michigan Area Camps here. This includes the following camps:
- Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat Center
- Lake Huron Retreat Center
- Wesley Woods Camp & Retreat Center
- Michigan Area Camps Fundraising Ideas
- Host a Talent Show Fundraiser
- Noisy Offering during Worship
- Pancake Breakfast
- Spaghetti Dinner
- Subs Sale
- United Methodist Men or Women support
- Bake Sale